Friday, August 13, 2010

Preschool Song: Peas in a Peapod






There were five little peas in the peapod
Sitting in a long straight row.
Then they all rolled over
And one fell out
And away he did roll!


There were four little peas in the peapod
Sitting in a long straight row.
Then they all rolled over
And one fell out
And away he did roll!

There were three little peas in the peapod
Sitting in a long straight row.
Then they all rolled over
And one fell out
And away he did roll!

There were two little peas in the peapod
Sitting in a long straight row.
Then they both rolled over
And one fell out
And away he did roll!

There was one little pea in the peapod
Sitting all alone.
Then he rolled over
And he fell right out
And away he did roll!

See this Peapod activity on Teach Preschool!

13 comments:

  1. I love finding a gem and adding it to my Google Reader. You provide me with many great ideas and reflections. Now to order the CD :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is so cute. I love it. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Thanks for writing out the words too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deborah,

    I sang this song today at my preschool. I made a pea pod and little peas out of play dough and made them roll away and the kids were MESMERIZED!!! Tomorrow I plan on helping them make little peas at the play dough table so they can sing the song and do the actions themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable! I have been collecting ideas for my preschool I am set to start in the new school year when I get back to the states. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute little song. What kind of toys do you recommend for little ones? Have you noticed any special toys on the children's wish lists? Thanks for the post.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! Thanks for continuing to share your songs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deborah, nice choice of song and kids loved it. They want to sing it again and again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting song. I kinda like the song and the good melody of the song. My daughter will surely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Deborah, I heard this from Dr james which I thought sounded interesting! Noting children don't understand deducting numbers but adding they do. So in that case would it be better one little pea jumped into the peapod, two little peas jumped into the peapod etc. What is your thoughts.
    Warm regards Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought to have the peas jump into the peapod! Probably would be easier:)

      Delete

I love comments so bring em on! Be sure to leave a name or web address too so I will know who is commenting! Comment moderation is on!