Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Color I See

This is a terrific song for color recognition with your preschoolers. As you sing each color, have the children wearing those colors stand up and turn around.

Red, red is the color I see
If you are wearing red then show it to me.
Stand up and turn around.
Show me your red and then sit down.

Green, green is the color I see
If you are wearing red then show it to me.
Stand up and turn around.
Show me your red and then sit down.

Blue, blue is the color I see
If you are wearing blue then show it to me.
Stand up and turn around
Show me your blue and then sit down.

Yellow, yellow is the color I see
If you are wearing yellow then show it to me.
Stand up and turn around
Show me your yellow and then sit down.

Keep going with other colors! 

As an alternative: Cut out green, yellow, red, and blue squares from construction paper. Tell the children when you sing about the color they are holding to stand up and turn around.


Follow My Blog
Sing songs about apples - click here!

Voice is Deborah J. Stewart
Music and Words are from Wee Sing

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so bring em on! Be sure to leave a name or web address too so I will know who is commenting! Comment moderation is on!