Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hot Cocoa


Hot Cocoa
A presentation from Teach Preschool
I have a cup of hot cocoa,
It is all steamy and warm.
I just need one marshmallow
Then I won’t need any more!

Yum!

I have a cup of hot cocoa,
It is all steamy and warm.
I just need two marshmallows
Then I won’t need any more!

Yum, Yum!

I have a cup of hot cocoa,
It is all steamy and warm.
I just need three marshmallows
Then I won’t need any more!

Yum, Yum, Yum!
I have a cup of hot cocoa,
It is all steamy and warm.
I just need four marshmallows
Then I won’t need any more!

Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum!

I have a cup of hot cocoa,
It is all steamy and warm.
I just need five marshmallows
Then I won’t need any more!

Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum!

Melissa Brubaker shared the following photo of an activity that she did with her class after learning the hot cocoa song! I love the creativity of teachers, like Melissa, who know how to expand music into the other content areas of their classroom.  You can learn more about Melissa's school by visiting the Around the Sun Montessori Preschool website or visit them on facebook!



Now go and see how you can make a whole day of learning out of this simple song!


Then check out the Hot Chocolate Shop!



Copyright © Deborah J. Stewart

7 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I just wanted to tell you I LOVE this blog - such a great idea to devote it all to music and action poems, etc. I was approached recently with the idea of creating a printable songbook with only action songs and rhymes in it - do you have something like this put together already? (I'm wondering because I do not want to reinvent the wheel, lol!) You have such cute graphics to go with your posts, and they would be great in a songbook for children. Even those who can't yet read could find a song by looking at the pictures. Anyway, sorry to ramble and think out loud here, lol. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! We will have to sing that around the house, especially since Christmas carols are about to be obsolete. What a fun song! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two have made my day with your kind comments!

    Kim,
    I am thrilled to hear that you will be singing some of my songs around the house. I sing them around the house, in the car, and even in the mall :-)

    Nicole,
    I love your blog too! I read it every chance I get. I have so much fun working on these songs and creating all of the pictures. My artistic ability is limited but I figured it works just fine for preschool music.

    I have not put my songs into book form or CD yet. I do not play the piano well enough to do that :(

    I have so many more songs that I haven't added to the blog yet - Each song takes me a considerable amount of time to completely have ready for posting.

    I love hearing any and all ideas. Keep thinking out loud - I am all ears:)

    I want to wish you all a happy holiday too!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so catchy, I can't get it out of my head. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, ha! Now that is what I like to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog too! It's such a unique idea and I will be back frequently since my little guy is so into singing and loves having hand motions to go with...it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used this song during circle to introduce our small group activity when we were on our Winter theme. Check out how we used it :)
    http://foxtoybox.blogspot.com/2010/02/winter-hot-cocoa.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so bring em on! Be sure to leave a name or web address too so I will know who is commenting! Comment moderation is on!